The Internet and Communications Regulation: A Policy and Technology Symposium
- Blair Levin, Communications and Society Fellow, The Aspen Institute
- Patrick Gilmore, Chief Technology Officer, Markley Group
- Brent Olson, Vice President of Public Policy, AT&T
- Robert D. Atkinson, President, The Information Technology & Innovation Foundation
- Jeff Campbell, Vice President, Cisco Government Affairs
- Moderator: Larry Downes, Senior Industry and Innovation Fellow, Georgetown Center for Business and Public Policy
A clear-eyed understanding of the fast-changing technologies powering the Internet and the economics at the core of its evolving business models is a critical tool for any staff member on the Hill or at the Agencies tasked with oversight of the affected industries. Knowing how, and why, the Internet works will increase the likelihood of policy decisions that will grow consumer welfare, encourage small business, and maintain America's standing as a global leader in innovation.