September 4, 2014
What’s in a Title?
A Webinar on the Communications Act and the Power it Confers on the FCC Related to Broadband
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
Please join the Georgetown Center for Business and Public Policy for an in-depth legal discussion regarding Titles I, II, III and VI of the Communications Act, the authority they confer on the agency to regulate broadband services, and the power which the FCC’s authorizing statute confers on the agency to preempt or forestall state action regarding same.
- Jonathan Banks, Esq, General Counsel, US Telecom Association
- Tom Navin, Esq, Partner, WileyRein
- Tricia Paoletta, Esq, Partner, Wiltshire & Grannis
- Russ Hanser, Esq, Partner, Wilkinson Barker Knauer
- Moderator — Carolyn Brandon, Georgetown Center for Business and Public Policy
Save the date – September 30, 2014
Regulation in the 21st Century: A Symposium with Democracy: A Journal of Ideas
2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Georgetown University School of Continuing Studies, 640 Massachusetts Ave NW, Washington, DC 20001