Anna-Maria Kovacs is a Visiting Senior Policy Scholar at Georgetown University’s Center for Business and Public Policy. Her expertise is in industry analysis and her area of focus is on the interplay between public policy and investment.
Dr. Kovacs has followed the communications industry for over thirty years, either as a financial analyst or as a consultant. She was the Founder and President of Regulatory Source Associates LLC, which provided investment professionals with analysis of the impact of federal and state regulation on investment in the telecommunication and cable industries. She recently founded Strategic Choices to provide consulting on financial, strategic and regulatory issues that impact the communications industry.
Dr. Kovacs’ MBA is from Harvard Business School. Her Ph.D. is from Harvard University, in Comparative Literature, with a focus on the impact of economic and social history on literature. Her B.A. is from Boston University is in Economics and English. She holds the CFA Charter.
- Regulation in Financial Translation: Will the Incentive Auction Increase Mobile-Broadband Competition in Rural America?, May 2014, (an economic policy vignette)
- Kovacs paper on cost of wireline phone network featured in Washington Post, October 9, 2013
- Kovacs writes “For telecom, it’s all about IP” in FierceWireless, March 18, 2013
- Rational Broadband Investment: Why the FCC’s New Task Force Is a Good Step Forward, December 2012 (an economic policy vignette)
- Kovacs discusses broadband deployment in FierceTelecom and The Hill op-eds, August 28, 2012
- Kovacs discusses special access in Fierce Wireless op-ed, August 6, 2012
- The Importance of Current Data in the FCC’s Special Access Proceeding, May 2012 (an economic policy vignette)
- Kovacs to discuss competition in the mobile economy at ITIF event, April 17, 2012
- Kovacs discusses economic benefits of spectrum on FierceWireless, March 14, 2012
- Kovacs examines spectrum auctions, makes recommendations for congress, February 14, 2012
- Regulation in financial translation: Neutral Spectrum Auctions: Maximizing Proceeds and Consumer Benefit, February 2012 (an economic policy vignette)
- Regulation in Financial Translation: Respecting Consumers: Strategic Regulation in a World Full of Choices, November 2011 (an economic policy vignette)
- Regulation in Financial Translation: Spectrum valuation – an investment approach, by Anna-Maria Kovacs, July 2011 (an economic policy vignette)
- Regulation in Financial Translation – The FCC’s Fifteenth Mobile Wireless Competition Report: Innovation, investment, growth and Competition, by Anna-Maria Kovacs, July 2011 (an economic policy vignette)
- Regulation in Financial Translation – Policy and investment: perspectives on two FCC broadband reports, by Anna-Maria Kovacs, June 2011 (an economic policy vignette)