THE EVOLUTION OF INNOVATION, COMPETITION, AND REGULATION
The Georgetown Center for Business and Public Policy is an academic research center within the McDonough School of Business. For the last 20 years, we have engaged with scholars, industry practitioners, and policymakers in inquiry and dialogue and to disseminate knowledge on issues at the nexus of business and public policy. Across diverse industries and economic sectors, we investigate the evolution of innovation, competition, and regulation. We conduct empirical economic analysis, keep abreast of relevant issues, and inform policies that promote economic welfare.
65+ DISTINGUISHED SPEAKERS
Distinguished invited guests and speakers participate in moderated panel discussion or present keynote remarks at center events each year.
4000+ OUR GROWING NETWORK
Our growing network of individuals and organizations with whom our work is shared through research collaboration and publication, commentary and analysis, and convening events.
30+ CONVENING EVENTS
On the Georgetown campus and around DC, each year the center convenes conferences, seminars, and panel discussions to foster collaboration and dialogue among prominent academics, industry leaders, and policymakers.
March 27, 2023 12:30pm to 1:30pm
MBA Lunch & Learn: Jin Paik, Senior Director, Lab Operations at the Digital, Data, & Design (D^3) Institute at Harvard
Title: “Open Talent: Leveraging the Global Workforce to Solve Your Biggest Challenges”
Where: Hariri Fisher Colloquium
Register: HoyaConnect and Campus Group
April 12, 2023 12:30pm to 1:20pm
MBA Lunch & Learn: Evan Starr, Professor at University of Maryland
Title: “Whither the Fine Print? A Primer on the Economics of Noncompetes and Other Restrictive Covenants”
Where: Hariri room 350
Little Nuggets of Tech & Telecom: Featuring former FCC Commissioner Mike O’Rielly
Little Nuggets of Tech & Telecom: All Things Mobile with Doug Brake of CTIA
MBA Lunch and Learn: Frank Macchiarola from American Petroleum Institute presented War in Ukraine; Geopolitical Impacts on Oil and Gas and Future Policy Outlook
Little Nuggets of Tech and Telecom: Getting Perspectives on the Communications Sector
- March Discussion Featured Former FCC Commissioner Mike O’Rielly
- All Things Mobile with Doug Brake of CTIA
- November MBA Lunch & Learn: Five Underappreciated Facts About Water Management
- Closing the Digital Divide with Sarah Oh Lam
- Mayo releases EPV: “Rules to Prevent Digital Discrimination: The Economic Guideposts”
- Center scholar Catherine Tinsley was featured in Georgetown’s 2022 DEI Annual Report for her work with Kate Spade & Company’s Social Impact Counsel
- Center scholar Catherine Tinsley co-authored an article in the Harvard Business Review on risk taking in organizations.
- Center scholar Tim DeStefano co-authored an article in Forbes on the failure of organizations to fully utilize their data science efforts.
- An article in the Wall Street Journal cited Center scholar Tim DeStefano’s research on artificial intelligence.